For complete details and restrictions see these cited documents:
- PROTECTIVE COVENANTS AND HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION AGREEMENT, AMENDED AND RESTATED in 2005
- Nelson Farm Homeowners Association (NFHOA) Rules and Regulations (R&Rs) Definitions, revised Aug 11, 2016
- Adoption of Rules Clarifying Household Animals, June 22, 2016
- Architectural Review Policy
Can I turn my house or part of my property into a short-term rental (e.g. Airbnb, VRBO, etc.)?
No. The HOA does not allow leases for less than 90 days. More details can be found in the Rules and Regulations Document section 5.4 (p 12) of PROTECTIVE COVENANTS AND HOMEOWNER’S ASSOCIATION AGREEMENT; and in the Rules and Regulations (R&Rs) Definitions for Leasing.
Can I raise chickens or goats in Nelson Farm?
No. Pets deemed poultry or livestock are not permissible in Nelson Farm. More information can be found in Rules Clarifying Household Animals.
Can I run a business out of my home?
Yes. A business can be run from your home as long as it meets the following criteria for home occupation:
- there are no additional employees
- there is no signage for the business in front of the house
- there is no excessive traffic increase (6 to 8 vehicles per day).
More information can be found in section 5.3 (p 11, 12) of the PROTECTIVE COVENANTS AND HOMEOWNER’S ASSOCIATION AGREEMENT.
Do I need approval to make changes to my property?
Yes. Architectural review is required for changes to the outside of your house. The Architectural Design Review Request Form and more information can be found HERE and in the Architectural Review Committee (ARC) Guidelines.
Can I park my extra vehicles on the street?
Yes. You may park your vehicles on the street, but vehicles must be moved after 72 hours per city ordinance regarding abandoned vehicles. More details can be found in section 5.11 (p 13) on the PROTECTIVE COVENANTS AND HOMEOWNER’S ASSOCIATION AGREEMENT. Additional details about Vehicular Parking, Storage, and Repairs is also found in the Rules and Regulations (R&Rs) Definitions.