2021 Swim Team
All Nelson Farm HOA Members under the age of 18 years old as of May 15th of this year. If space is available, additional swim team member spots will be opened to the public as long as they are under the age of 18 years old as of May 15th of this year. Swimmers need to be able to swim the length of the 25 yards in at least freestyle (with their face in the water) or backstroke.
Swim Team members that join that are not part of the Nelson Farm HOA, may only use the pool during swim team practice, meets, or additional team activities.
Cash or Check Fee: $180.00 per Child
Fee goes towards: Coaches (Over 60%), Reminder Split between: T-shirt per Swimmer, Ribbons, Donuts, Office Supplies for Meets, and Swim Team Supplies
Mon – Friday from June 1, 2021 – July 16, 2021 unless those who have qualified for state which will be July 23 and 24, 2021; or as we are allowed by the Nelson Farm HOA Board, State of Colorado and/or Larimer County.
Ages 11 and up will practice at 6:45 am – 8:00 am
Under 10 will practice at 8:05 am – 9:05 am
Coach Kyle reserves the right to place swimmers in different times depending on swimmer ability.
Practices are held as long as the air temperature is warmer than 60 degrees and there is no lightening. Practice is held if it is drizzling or raining without lightening.
All swimmers need to wear an appropriate swim suit, goggles, a swim cap is preferred for those with longer hair.
MI Sports in Loveland will have a team suit available in May for those that would like to purchase one.
- If your child is sick in ANY way, please have him/ her stay home.
- All swimmers, parents and coaches must adhere to mask mandates in accordance with Larimer County Ordinances.
- When swimmers enter the pool area, once they have been checked in, there will be a specific area for them to place their bags, as bags will be separated out as well.
- Swimmers are to leave the pool area as soon as practice is over. There is break to allow entering and exit space. Swimmers need to remain outside the gate spaced from each other until they are allowed in the pool area.
- We are going to follow the Larimer county rules regarding how many swimmers and spectators are allowed at a time.
- The team has to supply to the county complete rosters, schedules, location of meets/practices and contact information (to include names, phone numbers and email addresses) of all team members or parents of youth who participate prior to the teams playing in any league events, including practice. Failure of parents, facilities, coaches and/or team organizers to cooperate with contact tracing may result in the league or season being suspended or canceled.
Swim meets will be scheduled in May with other teams. We hope to schedule a few meets for June and July. All will be dependent on HOA and County allowance.
We are not sure of the plans for the City Meet as of April 19, 2020 and State for those who qualify is July 23-24th; each of those meets has additional fees attached. More information will follow as the dates get closer.
To find out more about the Nelson Farm Gators swim team and to register please contact:
(home phone/no texting)